Friday, February 21, 2014


Valentine's Day took on new meaning for me this year. February 14, 2014 forever changed the way I approach and appreciate this special day. Someone very near and dear to my heart...someone near and dear to the hearts of many, was called home a week ago today...on the day of love. The death of someone who had been a fixture in our family for what feels like forever speaks to the cliché sayings that we all know. Life is short. And while I can't say that her life was "cut short" it still serves as a reminder that no matter how well we live, how much we love, how graciously we serve, our lives won't last forever. All good things must come to an end. #Truth


I'm inclined more than ever to do the little things to show love and appreciation for those around me. And not just on Valentine's Day of course, but certainly, Valentine's Day is a special day to say and do what you are otherwise too busy, too preoccupied, too forgetful to do. I hope you'll join me. Do the little things to let those around you know how much you care! They won't be here forever and neither will you. Changes are happening everyday...gradual and subtle things that we don't even really notice until one day, things are different. Appreciate each moment. Love each day.

14 Love Notes
I would say this was a success! I even received 3 of my own! Did anyone else participate in this?

14 Love Drops
Definitely doing something like this again next year! My children loved this and anticipated their heart each morning! I even heard them repeating some of the affirming phrases that I had written. Very, very sweet!

14 Gifts
Another successful venture! I don't think this is something you can do EVERY Valentine's Day, but a variation would be nice I think.

Valentine's Day craft
I try to post a craft or two that I do for each holiday/season, but when I look on the web, I realize just how un-crafty I am! And I'm totally fine with that because I am all about simplicity. So, it always makes me smile when someone lets me know that they used an idea of something I posted to do with their children at home. See pic below! Thanks for sharing!


Valentine's Day wreath
I originally wanted to make this wreath for Christmas. I had the green ribbon and everything, but I just never got around to making it. So, I got some pink ribbon and the "Love" block from the Dollar Spot at Target and got busy.


  

The wreath form is from Michaels. I used red burlap to cut circles...a lot of circles that I then folded a bit and finally hot glued to the wreath form. Hopefully, this wreath will last at least to use for Christmas this year.

Valentine's Day candy
Just like the wreath, I planned to make this candy for Christmas. They both turned out to be great Valentine's Day treats!




This is just almonds, rice cereal, mini marshmallows, and vanilla flavored CandiQuik.

This is saltine crackers, butter, brown sugar, and chocolate chips. Find the recipe here.



How was your Valentine's Day? Are you planning on doing anything differently or special next year?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome! That wreath is super cute! I wish I had seen this! Would have made one for my home and office! Next year!!! Great ideas and the desserts look sooooooo good! What is candiquik?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you! I really like my wreath! Candiquik is like....well, I don't really know how to describe it. It's like almond bark. Are you familiar with that, lol? Look for it in the baking aisle and give it a try!! :)

    ReplyDelete