Wednesday, February 26, 2014


Looking for a variation to your standard baked chicken dinner? Well, I've used this recipe from allrecipes.com (don't you love that site?!) a few times, and I just wanted to share in case you're in need of something new...for those chicken breasts in the fridge. Aside from the taste, it's super quick and easy which is the start of a perfect dinner in my book!


Ingredients Needed
*about 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I like the thin sliced kind)
*1 cup crushed original Special K cereal (or breadcrumbs)
*1 clove minced garlic
*2-4 tablespoons of olive oil
*2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
*1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*1 teaspoon dried basil leaves (I've made with and without)
***add any other seasoning you enjoy on your chicken...I always add Seasoned Salt

Directions:
1.  Mix the garlic and olive oil together.
2. In separate bowl, mix crushed cereal, Parmesan cheese, pepper, basil.
3. Dip chicken in olive oil mixture and then in cereal mixture.
4. Place in baking dish and then pour remaining cereal mixture on top. (This is where I
     added the seasoning salt.)
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.

Have you tried this recipe before? What are your favorite quick and easy chicken dishes? Please share! I'm always looking to add to my rotation!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments: